Wednesday, November 17, 2010

RG 1/144 MS-06S Zaku II: WIP (Part 2) - Pre-Build Finished

View Part I: Runners Preview (Click HERE)
RG 1/144 MS-06S Char's Zaku II
(Release Date: Nov 25th 2010, Price: 2625 Yen) GG INFINITE: Pre-Order Item
Today, I finally got around to pre-building the RG 1/144 MS-06S Char's Zaku II.  Being able to play with this kit before it's release is pretty exciting. Overall a very fun kit to build.   Just like the RG 1/144 RX-78-2 Gundam, this kit came with lots of parts, thus offering quite a hugh amount of details.  I was really careful in building this kit since the inner frame is quite fragile, and was glad I was able to finish building this in just one morning.  However, I am not done with this build yet... as the next step will be the painting phase which I am looking forward to doing.... I will start as early as this weekend.
For now, enjoy these images of my straight build:
Yes, all the advertised poses & gimmicks are true! =)  You can really do the bend down and pick up the pilot pose...just like the MG Zaku II Ver. 2.0.
Next Phase: Painting
***This preview of the RG 1/144 MS-06S Zaku II was brought to you by Bluefin Distribution (North America's sole Gundam model & hobby distributor) ***

6 comments:

  1. Does it have the same problem that the RX-78-2 had (pieces, like shoulders, falling off, or the manipulator thumb popping off) ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @GaiGun: This is certainly a faster build than the RG RX-78-2 Gundam.

    @Gressmon: It does unfortunately...this time the parts popping off problem happens a lot for the shirt parts, front of the feet & again fingers.

    @BB: Thanks! Not perfect yet, still need more lighting & a better camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were some familiar poses of Red Comet. I'm surprised that you managed to complete fixing it in just one morning. All those little parts really deter me from starting one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that the beam hawk would come in purple and yellow colors. :(

    ReplyDelete

Gundam Guy Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails